Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fabulous Favorites....

I've been struggling with my new camera, trying to find the place to turn off the date. Finally - I found it. So, some of my pictures may still have some dates, so please just ignore. I love all these techy toys, but sometimes, I just feel very mentally challenged! LOL! LOL!

I took a few minutes to take a few pictures and share a few old ones with you. Of just some items that I love, and some pictures of things in my home. Early spring is here, and I saw my first crocus today! I jumped for joy. I was going to share a picture with you, but, it's too late in the day and that sweet little purple flower closed back up. A picture for another day....

The above picture is just a few of my favorite things. A few of my journals, bits of old lace and ribbon, buttons and flowers. My favorite shoe pin holder. Bits and bobs, as they say.


Just for fun, here are some Marie Antoinette pictures (above) that I printed on my soft gloss cardstock. The colors just jump right out at you. I'll be adding some of these to my Etsy store in the not too distant future. The crochet trim was a new purchase from Clara's. The store I told you about in the last post.

I decided to show you some of my ironstone collection, I just love the simpleness of the white and can't pass up a good piece. This cupboard is in my bathroom and holds the little pitchers lined up, just like little soldiers. They don't match, but seem to love being together, anyhow!



Heather and I went to the antique store the other day, and with being such a sucker for ironstone, I found this little pitcher. Small sizes are sometimes harder to find, and in good condition She's just a cutie. A very sweet marked, English Ironstone pitcher. Probably part of a set. It looks just right with the bigger ones.



Ah, yes, ribbons. The favorite of alot of us, eh? Just a candid shot in one of my ribbon boxes. The pink ruffled velvet is a specialty of Heather's in her Pretty Petals store. It is so sweet the way she gathers it up after she hand dies it. The blue and pink satin are vintage ribbon for baby blankets. Remember all those blankets of days gone by with that soft edging? The white ribbon in the bottom right corner is Heather's silk ribbon, and the pink tea dyed velvet in the MA picture, above, is also Heather's. She really does have the best ribbon.


This is a corner of my bedroom, where I have my beloved "dry sink". For those of you who aren't familiar, they used these recessed wooden cupboards in the kitchen to sit their dish pan in. It's one of my favorite pieces. The wicker basket was given to me by Heather for my birthday last year. She "fuffed it up" with millinery on the front. I just love it. I have some old books in it and have a star with German glass glitter and one of Heather's "Dream Stars" sitting in it. The vintage porcelain jug I got at an auction many years ago. Again, a favorite!



Well, that's a short tour of some of my favorites. There is always more for another day. I'm off to bounce around and see how all of you are doing. It's been a busy, but good weekend. Lots got done, and of course, the weather was great! Many blessings. Talk to you all soon.


Kitty

9 comments:

  1. I just love everything..It hard to decide my favorite thing, when I love everything. I love the Marie pictures. Your Ironstone pitcher is a great find...Your ribbon collection is amazing, I really love the ruffle's Heather made.. By the way,Your picture's look great.. Hope you have a wonderful week...
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kitty!! Thank you for sharing a few of your favorite things and a tour around your home! I adore all the trims and ribbons! The ironstone pitchers are adorable! And I really love the way you print out your images, they are so beautiful!!
    I'm glad you are doing well and have a little time to do a little posting and playing :)
    Have a great week special ladye!Keep on dreaming of Spring, it's right around the corner! yay!
    xo Madai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom... Love that first photo of all of your pretties. The iron stone pitchers are SO lovely the way you have them up on top of your cupboards. just perfect!

    Thanks about the ribbons... glad you love them. ;))

    ♥ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kitty, I love to be toured around like this. Mmm enjoying a few of your favorite things. Your favorites are mine too. You did some beautiful printing! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kitty...what pretty pictures of your favorite things...your pitchers look so sweet lined up on your cupboards...i love Heathers ribbons too, she dyes them the prettiest colors...your Marie pictures are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your white ironstone collection! It is one of my favorite things, too! Thanks for sharing your favorite things!

    Debbykay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Thanks for the comment. Lovely blog you have. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, it is nice to take the time to remember all the good things in our life and celebrate their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kitty it is lovely to catch up with you and all your posts too. I am glad that I am not the only one who has not been blogging as much so I feel in good company:0))

    But seeing you do catch up can only inspire me more lol.

    Love all your MA pics -
    best wishes Ginny ( in England) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading each and every one.... Blessings to you...