Saturday, October 17, 2009

Antiques "In The Woods" - Ah-h-h-h, such a delight...


Well, the computer problems are fixed, and I am up and running again. Whew! That is awful when you don't have your computer. I know some of you have had the same issues. It is amazing how "connected" you feel once you have it back. I've missed you all. I am sorry it has been a while. We also took a vacation in the middle of all of that. So, we are back to our normal routine. So happy to be back blogging with all of you...

I wanted to put out the pictures of the last antique show I went to and share this.

Imagine driving up to a lovely wooded area, parking your car, and entering "the woods" where there are little cabins and cottages (some as small as little sheds), all filled with antique treasures. Amongst all of this, scattered here and there, is wonderful fair-type food, OOOHHHH the scrumptious smells! Sweet potato fries, sandwiches of all sorts, hot chocolate, corn dogs, YUM! You also can smell the wood smoke in the air, some of the food is cooked over open fire.

To soothe the ear, there is beautiful music, of all sorts, flutes, harps, country and western, and on Sundays, Christian quartets. You know, the old time'y hymns done in beautiful harmony.

A release for the mind and soul, for sure....


It was a beautiful day, that day at the "Antiques In The Woods" show in Columbiana, OH. This is held annually the 2nd weekend in September. And usually, the weather cooperates nicely ~ as was the case this day. To make it even more special, my sister was here from Colorado, and Heather, my sister and my Mother and I trotted off to find some treasures.


These first 3 pictures are of a "shabby chic" type booth. These gals also set up at the Washington Antique Fair (Washington, PA), so it was nice to see some familiar faces. There items are just a delight to peruse. I wish I had pointed the camera at the ceiling of this little cabin so you could see the chandeliers they brought. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

This garden display was just adorable. Loved all the colored watering cans lined up like little soldiers in a row.
And how about his sweet little display. Some people know how to put things, "just right". And the quilt tops (below). All stacked up just waiting for someone to buy them. All those colors!

Of course, with Christmas not so far away (I know ~ can you believe it?), there was a nice selection of old Santas and sheep.

And let's, PLEASE, not forget the jewelry! Just a sampling. There was tons of jewelry at this show.

Sweet little linens were displayed, all cleaned and pressed. Just the prettiest of colors.



The crochet and lace collars (of all sorts) were just divine in these photos. Who wouldn't want to take that little "dolly" home? Just love her....

And, I am such a sucker for old cabinets. Look at this old bakers cabinet. Couldn't you just see this in a miriad of places in your home? And especially all decked out for Christmas! Can't you just imagine it? Love it!

I could have taken so many more pictures, but if you are in the area, next year, don't miss this show!

Hope you enjoyed all these luscious treasures. It was a very fun day, and I did come away with a few things, but as you can see, I could have bought a whole lot more!

Blessings to all of you. Talk to you soon.....
Kitty
Update: I have listed a few items on Etsy and will be listing more over the next week or two. So stop by and take a peak, if you are so inclined..... :)

13 comments:

  1. What a great show and so many beautiful things to see. Sounds like such a fun day. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pics of your show. Isn't it great you had shelter, so miserable when you prepare for a show and the weather's bad

    I've enjoyed my visit to your blog

    ~Gail~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kitty!!

    I'm sorry about your computer..argghh... I hate it when that happens!

    I was so happy to see a post of your adventure in the "woods" :)
    Oh my goodnesssss!! I would have died. What a fantastic show!! Thank you, thank you for sharing the pictures! and yes, I can see that cabinet all decked out for Christmas, oh it is gorgeous... and the dolly and the bling and the lace... instant happy dance!! hehehe!!
    How nice to be able to have girl time with your sis and Heather! I bet you girls had a blast!

    Hope you are doing well sweetie and staying warm.. it's chilly here in the high thirties at night... and this is supposed to be the South, haha :)
    Lots of love to you ~ xox ~ Madai

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Kitty!! This looks and sounds like the most perfect antiquing experience! I just love the concept!! Everything is gorgeous too, I am loving the lace and the rhinestone pieces! I wish we had something like that here!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kitty, I wish I could be there too, but your post just gave me that special haunting feeling. I love all your photos! Just looking at them again and again to see what I would have bought.
    Thanks for your lovely email, the pink ribbon is heading to you. I'll email you soon. It's autumn break from school over here, we have about 5 birthdays this week and I am still decorating two childrens rooms, have to start Natasha's challenge. What is it that makes life always busy? I never had the feeling my mother was always busy! Have a nice Sunday and a great start of the week, chat to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty, your lovely daughter told me about that show...and now i am just kicking myself that i didn't go...it looks like it was fabulous...maybe next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kitty!! What a treasure trove of beautiful yummies!! I would have loved to be a fairy on your shoulder during your visit!!

    Glad to see you back and posting again!

    Come visit me!

    Bertie
    Aunt May's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kitty,
    I just wanted to come over and say Hi and thank you for your visit and sweet comment. I do hope you come and visit again soon. Until next time. Have a wonderful Monday.

    Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitty, what a most wonderful place to go antiqueing and junking! Thanks for giving us a little tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kitty,thanks for coming by!

    What a fantastic show, soooo many pretty treasures!! Looks like so much fun!

    You have such a sweet blog here, I've signed up as a follower : )

    Sheryn xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing Like being "connected" I get withdrawls when I am not!
    Need my Blogging fix!! lol!

    But wow look at all those treasures...And you are killing me with the mention of Corn dogs sweet potato fries...Ahhhhh!!!!yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kitty, thanks for your lovely comment on my blogspot:-). This looks like a dream of a show, thanks for sharing with us! Stop by again soon, I am going to have a great giveaway for my blog friends...xo, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Kitty and thank you so much for visiting my blog... Oooh, I would still be in those woods, how enchanting! That looks like a dream come true to me... I would be lingering over the vintage rhinestone jewelry forever! Everything looks like out of a fairytale... I will visit your Etsy shop now... sigh... and I will visit your beautiful blog again very soon... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading each and every one.... Blessings to you...